Tuesday 20 August 2013

10 reasons why you should volunteer with Upstart's Granby park project.


I have never volunteered this much with any organisation. 
I innocently thought I would give a few hours here and there, but my enthusiasm as grown, its like I'm addicted, I'm in deep, and I just want to do as much as I can to help make this work and be a great success! 
(and that seems to be the general consensus from other volunteers on site today.)

Heres 10 reasons why you should volunteer with Granby park.
  1. Really cool diverse mix of creative people, 
  2. Great atmosphere on site
  3. Endless possibilities in one space
  4. Free tea and coffee
  5. Free crisps & Chocolate
  6. You will probably bump into someone you went to school with..'Hi Donal!'
  7. Place to experiment 
  8. Place to get creative and play
  9. Place to engage with people you don't usually
  10. Learn how to do cool stuff*
*Today I built a teepee and Learnt how to tie a clove hitch knot- Thats survival skills right there. 

Heres some pics of some of the volunteers on Site today. 




























What a handsome bunch we are!

YOU can be a 
'Handsome High VisVolunteer' too!

Never too late to help
.. drop by on site or email Annemarie-> helpout@upstart.ie

No comments:

Post a Comment